Root canal treatment helps removes the infected pulp and the tooth’s damaged part. Simply root canal treatment is a dental procedure through which the dentist cleans all the infections from your tooth and makes it infection-free. Removing the damaged part is necessary as it can damage the tooth's pulp, including nerve, vessels, and tissue fibers, which can die from the infection.
The process of replacing the infected pulp is also known as endodontic treatment. Root canal treatment is a big success and helps many people by saving their teeth. Once the tooth is treated, it will last a long time, but you must maintain good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups with your walk-in dentist.
What are the symptoms of tooth pulp damage?
When a tooth is damaged or infected, it may cause pain and swelling in the tooth area. This is a common sign that you may have tooth damage. Let’s see the other tooth damaged symptoms of a tooth:
- Unexpected or unprovoked pain
- Sensitivity to hot and cold beverages and foods
- Discomfort when biting or chewing
- Tooth loosening
- Gum swelling next to the infected tooth,
- Pus pouring around the tooth
- Face swelling
Sometimes, tooth pulp may suffer damage or infection without any sign of wear. In these situations, the issue is typically identified by special exams or x-rays when treating other dental problems or at a dental checkup. That is why it is necessary to regularly visit the dentist's office near me in houston every six months to check your oral health.
How Effective is Root Canal Treatment?
When you visit the dentist, they will look at your symptoms and notice what you say. They will examine your teeth and do additional tests, such as X-rays, to investigate the cause. By displaying the quantity, size, shape, and depth of the roots and any potential complications, these X-rays help the dentist plan the root canal procedure.
You may need to visit the dentist more than once, or it may depend on the severity of your case. Your dentist will choose the correct procedure by examining the infection's depth. You can ask your critical questions to your dnetist at your first appointment.
Root Canal Procedure Includes:
The affordable dentists near me remove present decay and infection from the tooth. The dentist removes old or broken fillings, tooth decay, infected nerve tissue, pus, and debris.
Shaping the canals.
- The dentist cleans the canals within the tooth root and shapes it smoothly to fill the material appropriately, so no bacteria can enter the tooth. The dentist uses tiny tools, specialized cleaners, and medication for this molding procedure. This step usually needs to be repeated many times.
- Once the tooth is shaped smoothly, the dentist fills the empty canals to stop the bacteria from reinfecting your tooth. The dentist then seals the tooth with a long-lasting material. These solutions may take weeks to months to show maximum effect against bacteria.
- Through all these procedures, your tooth strengthens again and functions normally like earlier. The dentist fills the tooth with the filling to ensure its functionality and keep it away from bacteria; your dentist will restore the tooth. A lot of decay or loss of tooth structure due to cracks may need further protection, and 24 hour dentists near me in houston will suggest crowns or other similar materials.
Book an appointment with a dentist near me open Saturday and discuss your treatment options. Also, consult whether you are a good candidate for a root canal.